Friday, April 19, 2013


Friday, April 19th, 2013

Today is a new day as they say.

Last year, I started gardening. I was going through some very rough times, both emotionally and financially, and gardening is a way to keep my mind busy.

"Most people are aware of the physical benefits of gardening but they don't always think about the mental benefits of gardening. Gardening can provide some very significant and much needed mental benefits in addition to physical exercise such as

1) Stress Relief -
2) Anxiety Relief -
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/1670548

It is also a great way to save money. I am so proud of myself when I eat the results of my hard work. Not only gardening is  a great and rewarding pastime, but the crops are fresh, taste better and the vitamins and other benefits they contain, such as antioxidants, are more potent.

Anyway, my goal this year is to learn how to do "canning". Any suggestions? Advices? In order to save money, I posted a "wanted ad" on freecycle.org. I found dozen of Mason jars. I am so happy and excited! Now I need recipes. :)

It is beautiful outside. Windy but sunny...Have a nice day!

2 comments:

  1. I love canning - my grandma taught me how, but here's a great site to learn the basics & more:

    http://www.freshpreserving.com/home.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the suggestion - I will definitely read about it and I will keep you posted on my "canning progress".

    ReplyDelete